C1: INNOVATIVE SPA DESTINATION
TISA Aqua Park is innovative due to the numerous and completely integrated facilities and services that it provides: Aqua Park, Thermarium, Spa, Fitness, Bistro. The services are high quality and could easily please any experienced spa consumer. It is the largest and most complete Spa Destination in the whole of the Oltenia Region and among the top 5 in Romania. Since its opening in 2016, it has received over 300.000 guests.
TISA Aqua Park has numerous pools (indoor and outdoor), hydromassage, multiple sliders. We organize daily wellness activities such as hydro kinesiotherapy in the water and aqua gym, that are free for our customers and help promote a healthy lifestyle. We organize all year-round swimming lessons for kids and adults. Children can safely swim and get accommodated with water from an early age, in the 3 special pools for children.
The Thermarium area is spectacular, possibly the most diverse in the whole of Romania, it is composed of: Swedish sauna, aroma sauna, infra sauna, salt sauna, Vichy showers, ice fountain, Russian bucket, cold plunge emotional showers, Turkish steam bath, Thepidarium, Hammam, Heated stone benches, Jacuzzi Room, Terrace, Vitamin Bar. Here, we offer free health activities such Aufguss in Finnish Sauna, Scrub in the steam bath, salt inhalations and meditation exercises salt sauna.
The Spa is unique in the world, as we have worked closely with spa specialists and bought forward the concept of Romanian spa, taking the most that we can from the local phytotherapy and integrated it with spa culture. Our massages, therapies and rituals each have an unique name that is inspired from Romanian culture and mythology: Tinerete fara batranete (Youth without old age – a famous story from Romanian folklore), Coloana Infinitului (The infinite spine/column – named after the famous piece of art by Constantin Brâncuși), The Ritual of Queen Mary (second Queen of Romania) and many others. We use organic and locally produced products such as: sapropelic mud, medicinal plants that grow in the area and that we buy from local producers, locally produced balms and health cremes. At the Spa, you will also be thrilled to discover intentionally renowned therapies such as: Hot Stone Massage, Ayurvedic Rituals, Hammam rituals, Facial Treatments, Deep Tissue.
The Fitness area (Gym) has amazing view over the city and has modern fitness equipment. Also we have multiple bars, terraces, outside Jacuzzis, bistro, games (fusball, ping pong and other free games organized for our guests).
We are sustainers of green energy and implemented every new and sustainable idea that could help the environment. Therefore, we have at the spa – 2 cogeneration plants (ecological trend), solar panels for water heating and we have started the implementation of solar panels for electricity and the acquisition of a electrical gas station.
TISA Spa Resort was constructed with the help of European Union Regional Development funds (REGIO).
1. Project Description:
TISA Spa Resort offers complete services – Aqua Park, Thermarium, Spa, Fitness, Bistro – which makes is the most important spa destination in the area and one of the largest and most popular in Romania. The surface of the resort is over 4.000 square meters, on 3 floors. The spa is the ideal destination for families, as each member of the family have interesting activities to do. In high season, we also have the service of kinder garden, where children can be left to play for 1-2 hours as the parents choose to go for a massage or at the Thermarium. The Thermarium is dedicated for adults. We also have a Fitness Centre and a conference room where we have organized health related conferences and activities. The Spa has signature rituals that are unique in the world. TISA Spa Resort is situated in Baile Olanesti, a Romanian balneary resort of national importance. The area offers amazing natural landscape and is ideal for taking walks in nature, hiking, yoga activities. Free health activities are offered for customers such as Aqua Gym, Hydro Kinesiotherapy, Aufguss, Scrubs, Saline breathing session, Yoga classes, aqua games for children, swimming lessons, massage sessions.
– it has complete services and and a great variety of facilities (as maybe one other spa destination in Romania has)
– it has a Romanian Spa with massages and rituals that are unique in the world, that use local plants and healing balms
– it has a Thermarium with an amazing diversity of thermal elements
– we offer free Aufguss Activities in the Finnish Sauna (only three locations in Romania do this) and other free activities that promote health and wellbeing
– it has provided its clients with wellness and spa education programs and activities over the last 6 years
– it has promoted wellness culture in Romania, appearing in numerous publications and national television
– it is situated in Baile Olanesti which is a health balneary resort of strategical national importance in Romania, reviving all tourism in the area
– it has attracted many international clients and therefore has created international visibility for the area
– creating health camps that include wellness activities such as yoga, massage, walk in nature (we have amazing nature in Baile Oalnesti where the spa is situated)
– it is pledged ecological responsibility by using cogeneration, solar panels, using local plants and natural resources
3. Impact and benef
- the impact on the population is the growing awareness of wellness health benefits
- huge rise in tourism in the area (aprox 2 times more yearly tourists in the area compared to the year before it was opened)
- prolongig of the sezonality of tourism in the area
- visits by numerous international tourists (international relevance of the spa destination)
- 80% of clients come from other cities in romania (national relevance of the spa destination
- cogeneration plants
- solar pannels for heating water
- solar pannels for electricity
- electrical charging station for electric vehicles (in implementation, due to be implemented in october)
SC OMICRON SRL
Str Forestierilor 12, Băile Olănești, Vâlcea, 245300, Romania